What do the AFL and the 2019 Victorian Rural Health Conference have in common? Register for the Conference before 31 March and you will be entered into a draw to win two general admission tickets for the AFL game at the MCG on Anzac Day (25 April)! It’s Essendon versus Collingwood.
The Conference takes place from 26 to 28 April. Join the Rural Workforce Agency Victoria and Rural Doctors Association of Victoria for a weekend of learning and networking with your Victorian health colleagues at the Novotel Hotel in St. Kilda. Registration is now open.
On 26 April, the conference kicks off with a variety of pre-conference workshops including a practice managers workshop (full), a rural GP Anaesthetic workshop hosted by ACCRM, student workshop geared to career pathways and a junior doctor workshop that will address clinical leadership in practice. Register here.
Prepare to learn, connect and become inspired about Victorian rural practice on 27 April. Your registration gets you into keynote speaker presentations by:
- Victorian Minister for Health, Jenny Mikakos
- Federal Minister for Regional Services, Senator Bridget McKenzie and,
- Professor Brendan Murphy, Commonwealth Department of Health Chief Medical Officer.
Depending on your health profession, there are different learning streams operating throughout the day to help you get the most out of your registration, including an Advanced Life Support session and a Mock KFP workshop hosted by ACCRM. Visit the conference program to learn more. The day will be capped off with the Victorian Rural Health Awards, to celebrate the significant contributions of rural health professionals and general practices.
The conference continues on 28 April with yoga on the beach, a morning session on Palliative Care in Rural Communities and for something a little bit different, a Beachside Battle in which practice managers will get to showcase primary care initiatives that have been undertaken within the last two years in rural Victoria. Lots of other extras included in your registration including:
- Special conference accommodation rates at the Novotel, St Kilda
- Access to welcome reception on 26 April, as well as delicious meals throughout the weekend
- Awesome networking opportunities with Victoria’s most inspiring health professionals
- Full access to sponsor exhibits
- Free wifi
- Special rates for Conference delegate family members to some of Melbourne’s wonderful attractions including Luna Park
And don’t forget, RWAV makes attending the conference easier through the variety of available grants which can be accessed here. See you there!
RWAV acknowledges the support of the Victoria Government Department of Health & Human Services for the Victorian Rural Health Awards.