Rural Workforce Agency Victoria (RWAV) is seeking individuals who are passionate about rural health and are currently studying a health discipline in a Victorian university to represent RWAV as Rural Health Ambassadors at career exhibitions, conferences and rural health focused events around Victoria.
RWAV will cover travel, accommodation and meal costs associated with attendance and provide any training needed.
AMBASSADORS WILL BE:
- Passionate about rural health
- Studying a health discipline at a Victorian University
- Enjoy speaking to a wide range of people from high school students to industry professionals
- Able and willing to speak articulately about health career pathways, the issues facing rural health, the benefits of working rurally and taking up a health career.
- Able and willing to discuss what RWAV do, why we are relevant and how we can assist (training provided)
- Happy to attend a wide range of events including day events and activities that will require overnight stays
- Highly organized
- Willing and able to demonstrate an activity related to their discipline
- Willing and able to obtain a working with children’s check
- Able to access a vehicle
- Rural Health Club members
WHAT’S IN IT FOR AMBASSADORS?
- Attend fun and exciting events
- Opportunities to travel
- Network with industry professionals and organisations that can assist you in your future rural careers
- Engage with young people
- RWAV will provide participation certificates and references upon request
- RWAV will provide training where needed
To apply, please send a brief email to Laurend@rwav.com.au and include the following details:
- Year of study:
- Health discipline:
- Rural Health Club Member – Yes/No
- Rural background – Yes/No
- Bonded – Yes/No
- Brief paragraph on why you would like to act as a Rural Ambassador:
Once your email is received RWAV will contact you to discuss further.