Rural Workforce Agency Victoria (RWAV) is seeking Victorian-based health students who are passionate about rural health and are currently studying a health discipline in a Victorian university to represent RWAV as Rural Ambassadors. Ambassadors attend career exhibitions, conferences, and rural health-focused events around Victoria.
RWAV covers all travel, accommodation, and meal costs associated with attendance and provides any training needed.
The program aims to raise awareness of the exciting opportunities available in rural healthcare to rural and regional secondary and tertiary students. Ambassadors are enthusiastic about rural and regional health and keen to engage with young people and assist with their career pathways by sharing theirs.
AMBASSADORS WILL BE:
- Passionate about rural health
- Studying a health discipline at a Victorian University
- Enjoy speaking to a wide range of people from high school students to industry professionals
- Able and willing to speak articulately about health career pathways, the issues facing rural health, the benefits of working rurally and taking up a health career.
- Comfortable with public speaking and presenting.
- Able and willing to discuss what RWAV do, why we are relevant and how we can assist (training provided)
- Happy to attend a wide range of events including day events and activities that will require overnight stays
- Highly organized
- Willing and able to demonstrate an activity related to their discipline
- Willing and able to obtain a working with children’s check
- Able to access a vehicle
- Rural Health Club members
WHAT’S IN IT FOR AMBASSADORS?
- RWAV covers all costs associated with any events including travel, accommodation, and meals
- Opportunity to network with industry professionals and organisations that can assist you in the future
- Gain professional leverage and prestige
- Your contribution to the program and rural health will be recognised in the RWAV Annual report
- Attend fun and exciting events
- Travel throughout Victoria
- Engage with young people and share your experience
- You will receive a certificate of achievement
- RWAV will provide verbal and written references upon request
- RWAV will provide training where needed
To apply, please send a brief email to Laurend@rwav.com.au and include the following details:
- Year of study:
- Health discipline:
- Rural Health Club Member – Yes/No
- Rural background – Yes/No
- Bonded – Yes/No
- Where are you currently based?
- What are your career aspirations?
- Preferred pronouns (she/her/hers, he/him/his, and they/them/theirs, other (please specify))?
- Brief paragraph on why you would like to act as a Rural Ambassador:
- Name and email address of a University faculty member that can provide a character reference:
Once your email is received RWAV will contact you to discuss further.