The RWAV Conference, ‘Working Together To Enhance Victoria’s Rural Health Workforce,’ was held on 16 February 2023. RWAV would like to thank all delegates who participated in the program and attended the event.
RWAV were delighted to meet with you to discuss the key issues raised at our Conference. These included the issues that impact rural communities, the viability of the rural health workforce in Victoria, and the potential solutions.
RWAV hopes to continue the conversations and progress the solution-building process with you soon.
Watch the full RWAV Conference Video below
RWAV would like to thank everyone who participated the RWAV Conference 2023 program.
- Christine Couzens MP (State Member for Geelong and Parliamentary Secretary for First Peoples)
- Dr Anne Webster MP (Shadow Assistant Minister for Regional Health)
- Keynote Speaker Jill Gallagher AO (CEO, Victorian Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation)
- Dr Anita Muñoz (Chair of the Vic Faculty, The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners)
- Dr Dan Wilson (President, Rural Doctors Association Victoria)
- Dr Greg Gladman (National Director of Training, The Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine)
- Abe Ropitini (Executive Director Population Health, Victorian Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation)
- Jacque Phillips (CEO, Nathalia, Cobram and Numurkah Health)
- Rowena Clift (CEO, Western Victoria Primary Health Network)
- Katrina Streatfeild (Clinic Principal, Streatfeild Psychology)
- Dr Naomi Malone (Director, A Life Simply Lived Psychology)
- Ainsleigh Whelan (Executive Manager Support, Therapy, Education & Prevention, Gippsland Lakes Complete Health)
- Daniel Searle (Physiotherapist at Daniel Searle Physiotherapy and Australian Physiotherapy Association Victoria Branch Council Committee Member)
- Simon Flagg (CEO at Wathaurong Aboriginal Co-operative)
- Dr Andrew Horwood (GP Specialist, Pain Management Wimmera Southern-Mallee Integrated Pain Service, Grampians Health, Horsham)
- Jane Anderson (LaTrobe Health Advocate)
- Elaine Mallows (CEO, Yarrawonga Health)
- Dr Sophie Ping (Director, Medical Services, Dhelkaya Health)
- Associate Professor Rex Prabhu (Executive Director, Medical Services, Swan Hill District Health)
- Dr Ka Chun Tse (Director, Medical Services, Rural Victorian Health Services)
- Dr Loren Sher (Director, Victoria’s Virtual Emergency Department)
- Cath Maloney (CEO, Services for Australian Rural & Remote Allied Health)
- Welcome Ceremony Ash Skinner (Wadawurrung Tradition Owners Aboriginal Co.)
- Trevor Carr (CEO, RWAV)
- Associate Professor Grant Phelps (RWAV Board Director)
- Adjunct Associate Professor Morton Rawlin AM (Board Chair)
- Lauren Cordwell (GM Strategy and Stakeholder Engagement, RWAV)