This workshop will refresh participants’ knowledge of chronic disease management MBS items such as GP Management Plans, Team Care Arrangements and referrals for MBS-rebateable allied health. The workshop includes interactive patient case studies and question/answer sessions.
Content is covered
- Medicare rules for care planning and allied health
- Patient eligibility for care plans
- Enablers for GPMP and TCA uptake
- Medicare compliance framework
- Recent changes to the MBS relevant to chronic disease management
At the end of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Describe how the MBS can be appropriately used to support team based care for best practice chronic and complex disease management and co-morbid mental health conditions
- Demonstrate an understanding of effective collaboration between health professionals that meets MBS requirements
- Apply understanding of MBS through participation in a case study.
Health providers who work in primary health care.
Date: 27th June 2017
Time: 6pm – 8pm
Registrations: 5:30pm- 6 pm
Venue: Bairnsdale RSL
2 Forge Creek Road, Bairnsdale.
Registrations close COB 20 June 2017